SAT Test Dates (2016-2017)
|2016-2017 Test Dates||Test||Registration Deadline||Change By Deadline|
|Oct 1, 2016||SAT & Subject Tests||Sept 1, 2016||Sept 20, 2016|
|Nov 5, 2016||SAT & Subject Tests||Oct 7, 2016||Oct 25, 2016|
|Dec 3, 2016||SAT & Subject Tests||Nov 3, 2016||Nov 22, 2016|
|Jan 21, 2017||SAT & Subject Tests||Dec 21, 2016||Jan 10, 2017|
|Mar 11, 2017||SAT Only||Feb 10, 2017||Feb 28, 2017|
|May 6, 2017||SAT & Subject Tests||Apr 7, 2017||Apr 25, 2017|
|June 3, 2017||SAT & Subject Tests||May 8, 2017||May 24, 2017|
If you've missed the last registration deadline, you may go online to request a waitlist status. For information about waitlist status, please refer to College Board website.
Anticipated SAT Test Dates (2017-2018)
- August 26, 2017
- October 7, 2017
- November 4, 2017
- December 2, 2017
- March 10, 2018
- May 5, 2018
- June 2, 2018
When should I take the SAT?
Our recommended timeline for taking the SAT is below. We recommend taking the SATs and Subject Test 2-3 times each to have an opportunity get the highest possible score.
- 11th Grade (January): 1st sitting of SAT
- 11th Grade (May): 2nd sitting of SAT
- 11th Grade (June): 1st sitting of SAT Subject Tests (if applicable)
- 12th Grade (October): 2nd sitting of SAT Subject Tests (if applicable)
- 12th Grade (November): Retake SAT or Subject Tests (if necessary)
- 12th Grade (December): Retake SAT or Subject Tests (if necessary)
If you are currently in 10th grade you have the option to take the New SAT (to be released in March 2016) or the old SAT. If you plan on taking the New SAT, you can sign up for the PSAT in October 2015, which not only provides great practice for the SAT, but also puts you in the running for the National Merit Scholarship for College.